From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Le Grande Valerie
Sent: June 24, 2009 15:42
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Maintenance "Hot Standby"

I am looking for some input:

How do you do maintenance and keep a "hot standby" volume (and old
540RES
and newly maintained 540RES)?
We have to bring maintenance in "off hours" and like to have a volume
operators can switch back to should there be problems.

If anyone can share how-to, please contact me off list (or copy me on
the
list entry - I can't get to the list from my current work location).

Valerie Le Grande
valerie.legra...@sentry.com

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking any action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you received this in error
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.  The
integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The sender accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the
consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided.  The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.  The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.  This disclaimer is property of the TTC and must
not be altered or circumvented in any manner.