From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Dave Jones
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:17 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Systems Management API logging

Hi, Eric.

Did the actual Check_authorization call work or fail? Did it return any
data?

Since you're invoking the SMAPI routines from outside of z/VM, you might
be interested in the following interface package:

http://pigiron.sourceforge.net/

It handles all of the messy details of making the calls, building the parameter lists correctly, parsing the returned data, etc.

DJ
Eric Spencer wrote:
I am playing with the SMAPI interface via the socket API. I am
getting the following in the log from a Check_Authorization call, can
anyone tell me what the following log entries mean or better yet
where they are documented? The socket recv call gets a len of 20
bytes then the connection is terminated (by VM). My Socket
application is running outside vm.

Log entry -

2009-06-24 17:58:51 REQUE DMSRSRQN REQ_ACC  AF_INET 2115
10.37.251.141

2009-06-24 17:58:51 ENTRY DMSRSRQT REQ_INET

2009-06-24 17:58:51 EXIT  DMSRSRQT REQ_INET 900 36

Eric

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft