Ivan Warren wrote:
Found this little link in my weekly announcement summary :

http://www.ibm.com/vrm/newsletter_10576_5350_121006_email_DYN_1IN/fremt106679968

Basically, it's z/VM 6.1.. Don't know if anyone had said anything about it previously..

Anyway.. the most striking "feature" I see in this literature is that z/VM 6.1 is ... z10 ONLY !

--Ivan

Did you miss this?

   * *z/VM Single System Image*

     IBM intends to provide capabilities that permit multiple z/VM
     systems to collaborate in order to provide a single system image.
     This is planned to allow all z/VM member systems to be managed,
     serviced, and administered as one system across which workloads
     can be deployed. The single system image is intended to share
     resources among all member systems.

   * *z/VM Live Guest Relocation*

     IBM intends to further strengthen single system image support by
     providing live guest relocation. This is planned to provide the
     capability to move a running Linux virtual machine from one single
     system image member system to another. This is intended to further
     enhance workload management across a set of z/VM systems and to
     help clients avoid planned outages for virtual servers.

--
Rich Smrcina
Phone: 414-491-6001

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org