We saw a bunch of logon attempts a night ago to userid ADMINIST which I do not have defined in the directory. There were about 2,500 over the course of 2 hours. They were apparently not coming in thru an emulator, so that pretty much leaves the web interface to Performance Toolkit. Is there any way I control that interface. How can I get the ip address? IBM used to have, internally, a mod that would double the amount of time between each unsuccessful logon attempt to a particular userid. Something like that would do the job.

Jim

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University