From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 11:02 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: PERFSVM question
=20
We saw a bunch of logon attempts a night ago to userid ADMINIST which I
do not have defined in the directory.  There were about 2,500 over the
course of 2 hours.  They were apparently not coming in thru an
emulator,
so that pretty much leaves the web interface to Performance Toolkit.
Is
there any way I control that interface.  How can I get the ip address?
IBM used to have, internally, a mod that would double the amount of
time
between each unsuccessful logon attempt to a particular userid.
Something like that would do the job.
=20
Jim
=20