Oh, I vividly remember the joys of DMKSNT and managing DCSSes, and of trying to squeeze everything below the 16Meg line yet above the VMSIZE. It seemed that the very users who needed access to the most packages also had to have the largest VMs.

I would think it would have been sometime in the early 70's, so I guess it might have been in the first release of VM/370, but I'm having trouble tracking it down.

-Chip-