On Monday, 07/13/2009 at 12:44 EDT, Marcy Cortes
<marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com> wrote:
> That's what I suspected.
> The PSP bucket needs a warning for the folks whose networks don't work
after
> 902.

I have forwarded your concern to the developers, though it is N/A to
people who follow the listserver or attend my presentations on the subject
 :-)  where I have been exhorting people for some time to
DEFINE VSWITCH ....   NATIVE xxx VLAN yyy

- where xxx is the native VLAN of the attached switch.  It is given to you
by the switch administrator.
- where yyy is a VLAN id that your switch admins have reserved for ports
that have yet been assigned to a VLAN.  That VLAN is not routed anywhere;
it is a dead-end.

And to explicitly GRANT each guest to ONLY the specifc VLAN it requires,
NOT to VLAN yyy or VLAN xxx.  (xxx is ok if you want the guest to be able
to send untagged frames to the switch - a generally Bad Idea since
untagged frames are used to communicate with the switch itself!)

This way a QUERY will immediately reveal any basic misconfigurations and
can be an audit point.