On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Romanowski, John
(OFT)<john.romanow...@cio.ny.gov> wrote:

> We find the extra work/complexity of maintaining 2 z/VM LPARs is outweighed
> by the benefits of isolating the workloads and being able to schedule outages
> on each LPAR independently of each other.

Very true. As you point out the overhead in CPU and memory is very
reasonable. Part of the added complexity in my opinion is performance
management (what else could it be ;-)  When you share a resource, you
have to measure usage and manage that. Without it, you may think you
have isolated your workload while in fact you're making it harder to
understand why it runs slow.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij