The best solution for your problem is to couple the two systems with CSE, so
that they¹ll know what the other is doing.

Before we implemented CSE, we created a service we called Janus, which we
ran in the profile of each Linux server during the CMS startup. The purpose
was to look up which system the Linux guest was last started from, and to
report a mismatch if there was a console, or log out immediately if the
image was autologged.

We still run Janus as a double check on things. If you¹d like the code, I
can package it for you and explain what it is trying to do.

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\