Thanks!  We do use VM Dataspaces, but the TARGETWS parameter does need
to be updated.

Nora Graves

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:00 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: more RAM for DB2

If your DB2 uses VM Dataspaces, it will profit of tyhe extra storage
your z/VM system has, but, you may have to check DB2's TARGETWS
parameter, this can limit the storage DB2 can occupy, simplified: if DB2
finds out it has more pages resident than that number, it will tell CP
to get rid of some of its pages.