Cross-posted to VM/ESA and DB2 lists.

I'm running DB2 7.5 under z/VM 5.4 (both are the current releases).  We
have a brand-new z10 processor.  My Systems Programmer has offered me 1
Gig of RAM, up from our current Virtual Storage of 384 Meg for the
production database.

I'd like to take advantage of this extra RAM, if at all possible.  I've
been using the Diagnosis Guide to see how to alleviate the problems of
not enough storage, thinking that I can work backwards from that.  I can
see that I've got constraints on my current use of buffers per user, and
I can increase that number.

I'd like suggestions on other parameters to research, as well.

TIA,

Nora Graves