The other posts showed how to give a dasd resource to a running zLinux
guest.....Well for minidisks that is.
Of course if the disk is normally dedicated, you can just use the ATTACH
command.

But after that, what then?
If you don't know, attached is a document I use (SUSE 10 SP 2), which adds disk
to Linux, creates a LVM, moves /home to the LVM, and then just to prove the
function, add another disk to the LVM.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> "Dean, David (I/S)" <david_d...@bcbst.com> 9/3/2009 8:17 AM >>>
Is there anyway to get zVM to recognize new DASD for zLinux boxes WITHOUT a
restart?  In my current procedure, I add the DASD to zVM SYSTEM, CPFMTXA, add
the lines to my USER DIRECTORY, and IPL the USER.  I can then go to my zLinux
box and add the space to my logical volume.  A live "SET" command?

David M. Dean
Information Systems
BlueCross BlueShield Tennnessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm