The CPFMTXA command can relabel the volume. This is required after you co
py
the orginal volume.

 CPFMTXA vdev volid Label

Then you have the problem that the object (and maybe the source) director
on 54GBRS has all of the volsers pointing at 54GRES. Now, this may not be
problem if your recover procedure is to us Standalone DDR and ICKDSF to c
opy
and relabel (or just relabel) back to 54GRES. But if you want to use 54GB
RS
as an IPLable system onto itself, then you need to change the object
directory on that volume to reflect the new volume label.

To do this, get a monlithic copy of the directory, change /54GRES/54GBRS/
* *
, file as 54GBRS DIRECT A, get a link or attach of 54GBRS as 0123 (or
whatever vdev is used in the control section of that directory), DIRECTXA

54GBRS DIRECT A. You should get a return code of 5 which means that the
object directory was written to the volume, but NOT brought online, becau
se
the target volume is not the same as the Online directory. This is correc
for this situation.

Then you need to update the real source of the directory and that depends
 on
where you really keep the source directory.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:12:39 -0700, Howard Rifkind <vmes...@yahoo.com> wro
te:

Hello all,

I had been asked to make a backup copy of the SYSRES volume,
volulme id 54GRES,  and was provide with a DASD
address of 6027 and a new volume id of 54GBRS.

I did a CPFMTXA on 6027 with the volume id of 54GBRS and
formatted the entire volume as PERM.

I then ran DDR and did a COPY ALL and that worked with out
any problems.

Of course now the volume which was 54GBRS is now 54GRES.

Now there are two volumes with the same volume id and the
only way to identify which is which is by the DASD address.

This seems to me to now present a problem.

Should I now go and re label the back up volume to 54GBRS?

What is the best way to handle this and how would we go
ahead and test the backup SYSRES?

Thanks.