CRR is only required to be active when one wants to update files in two
different filepools in the same LUW, often thus in the same exec.
I don't know if you have applications requiring that, if not, you can
restart VMSERVR.  There are also some CRR operator commands -that I don't
know by heart- that you might want to execute, maybe some query followed by
some ERASE-like command.  They are contained in the SFS manual.

2009/9/16 Shimon Lebowitz <shim...@iname.com>

> > Did you also restart VMSERVR?
> >

> Nope. I have half a dozen other production fileservers
> running with this CRR server. I do not want to do ANYTHING
> to upset the apple-cart, and possibly, heaven forbid!!, leave
> me with another server dead like YPOOL (which is not
> really production).
>
> Does Q RESOURCE reveal names for VMSERVR?
>
> Yes, Here is what I get:
>
>  pipe cp Q RESOURCE|Locate /VMSERVR/|cons
> RESOURCE: VMSYSR    TYPE: LOCAL   OWNING USERID: VMSERVR
> SERVICE:  30F0F2F9  TYPE: LOCAL   OWNING USERID: VMSERVR
> SERVICE:  06F2      TYPE: SYSTEM  OWNING USERID: VMSERVR
> SERVICE:  30F0F2F7  TYPE: LOCAL   OWNING USERID: VMSERVR
> READY; T=0.01/0.01 13:07:09
>

> > Did someone change the IUCV permissions of YPOOL and/or VMSERVR in the CP
> > directory?
>
> No.
>  YPOOL    VMRMAINT A0  V 80  TRUNC=71 SIZE=55 LINE=16
> ====>
>
> * * * TOP OF FILE * * *
> USER YPOOL   ********    64M    96M G
> --------------------  13  LINE(S) NOT DISPLAYED -----
>  IUCV ALLOW
>  IUCV *IDENT RESANY GLOBAL
> --------------------  39  LINE(S) NOT DISPLAYED -----
>
>  VMSERVR  VMRMAINT A0  V 80  TRUNC=71 SIZE=40 LINE=13
> ====>
>
> * * * TOP OF FILE * * *
> USER VMSERVR  ********     32M    32M BG
> --------------------  10  LINE(S) NOT DISPLAYED -----
>  IUCV ALLOW
>  IUCV *IDENT RESANY GLOBAL
> --------------------  27  LINE(S) NOT DISPLAYED -----
> * * * END OF FILE * * *
>

> > No console messages?
>
> Nothing at all on either console.
>

> > Nor error files on VMSERVR 191/YPOOL 191?
>
> None.
>
> Thank you!
> Shimon
>
> --
> Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:shim...@iname.com
> VM System Programmer           .
> Israel Police National HQ.
> Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308

Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support