> CRR is only required to be active when one wants to update files in two
> different filepools in the same LUW, often thus in the same exec. I don't
> know if you have applications requiring that, if not, you can restart
> VMSERVR.

I also thought like that, but if that is the case,
then why would the lack of CRR prevent ANY access to the pool???

 q enroll user for all ypool:
DMSQRE2008E ERROR ESTABLISHING COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN CRR RECOVERY SERVER
DMSQRE2008E AND FILE POOL YPOOL. ERROR CODES -3 AND 11. DETECTING MODULE DMS3LA
READY(00104); T=0.01/0.01 16:50:03

 dirl ypool:77731619.
DMSJLD653E ERROR EXECUTING LISTDIR, RC=104
READY(00104); T=0.01/0.01 16:50:06

 ac ypool:77731619. w
DMSACR2008E ERROR ESTABLISHING COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN CRR RECOVERY SERVER
DMSACR2008E AND FILE POOL YPOOL. ERROR CODES -3 AND 11. DETECTING MODULE DMS3LA
READY(00104); T=0.01/0.01 16:50:18

That is why I really do not want to touch anything that just MIGHT
break!!

My entire production system is at risk here, and tomorrow is the last
work day before a major holiday.

> There are also some CRR operator commands -that I don't know by
> heart- that you might want to execute, maybe some query followed by some
> ERASE-like command.  They are contained in the SFS manual.

Shimon Lebowitz                mailto:shim...@iname.com
VM System Programmer           .
Israel Police National HQ.
Jerusalem, Israel              phone: +972 2 542-9877  fax: 542-9308