I'd agree with that point in cases where it's less clear, but in
this case, it's perfectly clear that the user action would have
been harmless if not for the administrator typo.  I don't disagree
that more protection at the user action level would be nice in
this case, that's really different discussion than whether this
constitutes a denial of service exposure.

There's a reason that trusted users are called that, because
they have the power to shoot themselves, and the entire system.
We cannot protect against every possible harmful act by trusted
users, whether accidental or malicious.

Regards,
- Bill Holder

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:48:53 -0700, Schuh, Richard <rsc...@visa.com> wrot
e:

>I don't think you can differentiate between the root cause and the
immediate cause when it comes to security and integrity. You may not
necessarily be able to detect the root cause, but you must protect the
system against the immediate cause if at all possible.