From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Kris Buelens
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:59 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: COPY RDR to another machine

I doubt that COPYRDR keeps *all* the properties, e.g. creation time will be
changed.
For an exact copy: SPXTAPE to dump the RDR file to tape, then restore on the
target system.

If you only need to set the origin userid: use Diagnose D4 to set the alternate
userid of the copying user to the sender's userid.  As this is cheating, one
needs a special CP class to be able to use Diag D4; and if an ESM is installed,
extra permissions are required in the ESM (for RACF that is in class VMBATCH).
My RxServer package contains a DIAGD4 MODULE, you would use this sequence:
  DIAGD4 copier sender
  EXEC COPYRDR
  DIAGD4 copier OFF