Try the FCOPY package from http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/
I'm not near a system to verify this right now, but I believe that the
UNPACK function in FCOPY can also understand TERSE format.   The tersed file
on MVS should be RECFM=FB LRECL=1024, so after you download binary to the PC
and upload to VM you should still have a RECFM=F LRECL=1024 before
untersing.  Untersing with the FCOPY / ( UNPACK should give you back the
file's original RECFM and LRECL before tersing.

--Roger