Alan,

Thank you for your immediate response. I see that the maint id had 11F
disk accessed which as you say caused our problem.  Thanks again this very
supportive group!

Joseph Di Pippo
Operating Systems Programmer III
FRIT Computing Services
Hardware Support
1-201-531-3820

Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
10/02/2009 01:03 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DIRMAINT start-up error

On Friday, 10/02/2009 at 12:40 EDT, joe.dipi...@frit.frb.org wrote:
> Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so what was the
resolution.
> Thanks you in advance for your assistance.
>
> 11:59:05 * MSG FROM DIRMAINT: DVHXLV9666T UNABLE TO START-UP DIRMAINT
WITH LE
> VEL . LOGGING OFF. PLEASE GET HELP.
> 11:59:05 USER DSC LOGOFF AS DIRMAINT USERS = 17

DVHXLVL EXEC is an exit that runs to let you select a different set of
disks when DIRMAINT starts.  You have to modify PROFILE EXEC to make it do

anything unusual.  By default it wants the 191 (R/W), 192, 11F (R/W) and
21F disks.  If it gets a failure linking to those disks, you will get that

error.

Check DIRMAINT's console log.