Jim -

I'm running TXT2PDF 04.147 in an 8MB machine as a PIPE stage.

My PIPE reads NETDATA files directly from the RDR, calls the TXT2PDF
stage and then sends the output directly to an RSCS printer.  So
there are no intermediate files involved.  The largest report I ever
processed was about 500 pages.

I don't know if something like this would solve your storage problem.
If you want my code just give a holler.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 46 years
    mailto:f...@zvm.sru.edu  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"