Hi, Richard.

I believe the approach I would take would be to start an NFS server on the Linux side and use CMS's NFS client to access the Linux files.....both read and write access are supported.

Does that meet your needs?

Schuh, Richard wrote:

We have a need to be able to access files on a Linux system from CMS in a different LPAR. Never having done this, the specifics of how to do it are a mystery waiting to be solved. What are the steps that need be done in order to accomplish this? Is there a procedure for doing it documented somewhere, a Redbook perhaps? Any pointer to speed us on our way will be appreciated. Regards,
Richard Schuh

--
Dave Jones
V/Soft