Last week, I posted this:

"We have an exec that retrieves responses from RSCS using the CRI. In the past,
it could issue JES commands (e.g. $DA or $DN,ALL) to an MVS system and return
the response from MVS to a stem. One of our users has run into a problem - it
gets an immediate "End of command response" message without including any of
the response. The response from MVS is then directed to the console instead of
the CRI. Is this due to changes to RSCS or is it something being done
differently in MVS, and what will it take to fix it?"
which has gotten no reply. Further testing shows that the same is true for CP,
CMS and GCS commands sent to other VM systems. This narrows down the question
of which has changed to one possibility, RSCS. The question of whether it is a
new feature or an unintended consequence remains. If the latter, I  will open a
PMR. If the former, I will have to SET CPCONIO IUCV  to trap the responses. And
it will create the problem of determining when the response is complete. So
which is it?
Regards,
Richard Schuh