Wouldn't it be that the local RSCS has the same problem as your REXX code:
it doesn't know when the response of the other side is complete? The
immediate CRI "command complete" would mean that the local RSCS did it's
job: sending the command to the other end.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support