From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Frank M. Ramaekers
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 08:34
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Standalone dump procedure

Let me get this straight:

1)      The standalone dump program can be placed on disk
2)      If placed on disk, it must use cylinder 0
3)      VM disk allocation map is on cylinder 0
4)      Therefore, the standalone dump program cannot be placed on a CP
disk
5)      Also, the dump cannot go to disk, a tape is required

Have I read this right?  Seems I'm back in the dark ages (as far as this
is concerned).

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer                   MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Co.   Phone: (254)761-6649
1200 Wooded Acres Dr.                Fax:   (254)741-5777
Waco, Texas  76710

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the

intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,

copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have

received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.