Probably trying to spread the starting of guests a little so it doesn't
overwhelm the system at zVM IPL time.  Opinions vary on what the spread
should be if one is used...  3 every 15 secs - 10 every 1 minute - etc.
I've seen several installations with over 100+ Linux guests not use any
delay -- and just let zVM sort it out..   they'll all come up eventually.

Scott