>That explains why VM fussed about some specific spool entries and not
>others.  Those specific entries must span volumes.

Actually, any file whose data is entirely or partially on one of the
moved volumes would be lost.

>Question: if I would have entered a "GO" instead of "STOP", VM would
>have reformatted/initialized the spool. During this process is that when
>VM makes the association between pointers and slots, etc?=20
>If this is true, then with future IPL's I won't get these messages
>(providing I don't move volumes and slots around)?

Yes - the spool would have been re-initialized without the files from
those volumes, and the "deleted" files would be gone for good.
The remaining files, plus any new ones that are created, will use the
using the current/new slot definitions. The next time you IPL only those
files will be restored, so you would not get the messages again.

>John, thanks for the explanation.

You're welcome.

John Franciscovich