They dropped support for all x86 in 9.7.

From: Dean, David (I/S)
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:38 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Cc: Hamilton, Dennis; Smith, Bryan
Subject: GUI out on zlinux DB2?

I'm upgrading our db2connect 8 to 9 and came across this tidbit.

Note: In previous releases, the DB2 Administration Tools, such as the Control
Center, were supported on all platforms. As of Version 9, the DB2
Administration Tools are supported only on Windows(r) x86, Windows x64
(AMD64/EM64T), Linux(tm) on x86, and Linux on AMD64/EM64T. For all platforms,
you can use the DB2 command line processor (CLP) to administer instances and
databases.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.uprun.doc/doc/t0024680.htm

Huh?  No zLinux.  This is not exactly helping the rush to zLinux mainframe.

We've been using zLinux DB2 since 2004 and I use it these tools all the time.
And yes, I know it's GUI - so shoot me.

David M. Dean
Information Systems
BlueCross BlueShield Tennnessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm