From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Charles Grady
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 7:37 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Rookie question z/VM Linux vol and z/OS backup

OK.  I have a z/VM vol that contains a 'full pack' mdisk for a linux
guest.
when trying to back up this vol from z/OS with DFDSS he complains about
there not being a valid VTOC.  IS there a way to just "clip" the VTOC to
get the
information in the right format and NOT distroy the data. The mdisk is
cyl 0001-3337
on volid NLNX0A. Thanks.

**********************
GDOL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This transmission may contain confidential
information protected by state
or federal law.  The information is intended only for use consistent
with the state business discussed in this
transmission.If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or the taking of any action based on the contents is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please delete this email and notify the sender
immediately.Your cooperation is
appreciated.

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.