On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Victor Ochoa Avila <vhoa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dave....it is a pleasure to know again of you
>
> We have new storage (IBM) cage with discs FCP, 5 TB and I have configured
> and ready for user, but my masters clones live in discs with technology
> ECKD… for that reason it was looking for a form to be able to restore them
> in discs FCP and not to install these clones again.....

Ah! If you still have the original disk you don't need PIPEDDR but you
can just the pure thing without buffering or whatever.

But it also leads to a next question... we don't have a pipeline stage
to write to an FBA device when it is not accessed by CMS (thus CMS
format). My "ccw" stage got a bit dusty since John did the track*
stages...

Something to try would be
- define an EDEVICE for the LUN
- define a 2nd (larger) EDEVICE and format/reserve with CMS
- access the 2nd and write the blocks in the reserved part of the disk
- use DDR to copy (with reorder) from the reserved part of the 2nd to
the 1st disk

By far easier would be to give a Linux guest both the original master
and a LUN, and then use Linux tools to copy the file system. Once you
have a copy on a LUN, you could still decide to use DDR to make copies
(if you don't need Linux to modify the contents after copying). But
it's almost Friday ;-)

Rob