We're now in a 3 site situation and one of those does not change nodes.

We had been 2 and used different files since we changed the node name.
The new 3rd site does not change.

The multiple file solution was problematic because folks often forget to make
their changes to all the different profile files.

So, now I have data in comments in the file like this:

; DATACENTER SWITCHING INFO!!!
;   These variables must be in rexx format.  They will be used to
;   update this file from a program called by AUTOLOG2.  It is
;   important that they be correct!
;
; mn.0 = 3                  /* number of items to change */
; mn.1 = '10.103.2.10'      /* order here is important, be consistent*/
; mn.2 = '10.103.2.90'      /* and put the interfaces in the same    */
; mn.3 = '10.88.0.1'        /* order and the area number 3rd         */
; sv.0 = 3
; sv.1 = '10.92.5.50'
; sv.2 = '10.92.5.58'
; sv.3 = '10.92.0.0'
; te.0 = 3
; te.1 = '10.93.2.34'
; te.2 = '10.93.2.58'
; te.3 = '10.93.0.0'

And the autolog process detects if the data center has switched and if so calls
a switch exec with the appropriate info - eg. DCFIX TCPMAINT 198 PROFILE TCPIP
MN SV
DCFIX TCPMAINT 198 MPROUTE CONFIG MN SV

The variables go into a rexx exec which makes backup copies and does a pipe
change.   In this example change /10.103.2.10/10.92.5.50/   etc.

Hope that's useful.

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation."