On: Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:44:34AM -0800,Schuh, Richard Wrote:

} It isn't a matter of trust, it is a matter of minimizing the risk of an
accidental SHUTDOWN. Here MAINT does not have class A; however it does have
class C. That allows it to use the SET PRIV * +A in order to issue class A
commands such as Q CPDISKS, CPRELEASE and CPACCESS. By requiring that extra
step of the SET PRIV, it heightens the awareness of the person to the fact that
they now have extraordinary capabilities and responsibilities.

Rich has hit the nail directly on the head here.  Accidents and
mistreaks happen, this just puts another door in front of them.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67