Yes - as you parenthetically alluded to  - allowing SET PRIVCLAS is a
feature you have to enable..   some customers see a command like SET
PRIVCLAS as a security breaker..   It depends on how strict and how much
'separation of duty' is built into their security policies.   Anyone with
class C and SET PRIVCLAS feature enabled is essentially an all-powerful
user, period.

Scott