From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Mark Wheeler
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 07:42
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] Using HCD on an IFL-only Machine

We've been running z/VM alongside z/OS, where the I/O config has been
managed with HCD by the z/OS folks. No worries!

Now we are getting an IFL-only box and want to maintain this
organizational relationship. I am not familiar with HCD on z/VM but from
doc it looks like IODFs can be managed by z/OS, exported and imported
into z/VM, where "a miracle occurs" and the I/O config can be changed
dynamically.

Is anyone else doing this? Is there any simplifed doc available
explaining how this works?

Thanks!

Mark Wheeler
UnitedHealth Group