Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:53:17 -0800
From: dennis.l.o'br...@bankofamerica.com
Subject: Re: Using HCD on an IFL-only Machine
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

We used to have z/VM-only machines here.  The IOCP was maintained by the z/OS
people using HCD.  They had a method of using the HMC to import the
configuration into the z/VM machine.  We didn’t use an IODF, just an IOCP.
These were 2064’s in basic mode, but I would imagine that the process still
works for newer machines.  I don’t know a lot about the process, but I know
that none of it involved software or files on z/VM.  The HMC talked to both
machines, and loaded the IOCDS files without operating system involvement.

                                           Dennis O’Brien

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/