Hi Scott,

As numerous others have suggested, you should set up VMUTIL to XAUTOLOG another userid that will execute the long-running EXEC and return completion information via a mechanism of your choice. My $0.05 worth is that this is a perfect opportunity to exploit "POOL" userids, which enable the creation of an arbitrary, and easily changeable, set of identically configured userids via a single pair of CP Directory INCLUDE and USER entries.Where permitted by local security rules I routinely set up my own personal pool of slave userids, which have read access to my minidisks and write access to my SFS directories, that I use to offload from my primary userid any task that takes more than a couple of seconds to run. This can be a great productivity enhancer!

Regards,

Tom.

Wandschneider, Scott wrote:
I have a REXX EXEC that is triggered by VMUTIL and it runs 90 minutes.
While this EXEC is running VMUTIL is not acting on any other items in
the WAKEUP file. Which makes sense.  My question is how can I have
VMUTIL trigger a long running EXEC?

Thank you,
Scott R Wandschneider
Senior Systems Programmer

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, including any attachment to it, may contain material that
is confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or "Protected Health Information,"
within the meaning of the regulations under the Health Insurance Portability&
Accountability Act as amended.  If it is not clear that you are the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, including any attachment to it, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it
to the sender and delete it from your system. Thank you.