Kris Buelens wrote:
The new version looks much nicer too.  Thanks.

I try the ADD process and added a CAL.CMD file to an existing VMARC file, that I then uploaded to VM: l qdsk vmarc (ISO FILENAME FILETYPE FM FORMAT LRECL RECS BLOCKS DATE TIME QDSK VMARC A1 F 80 125 3 2010-03-12 09:59:41 Ready MAINT at AGC ; T=0.01/0.01 10:01:07 vmarc list QDSK VMARC A CAL CMD A1. Bytes in= 2400, bytes out= 0 ( 0%). QDSK EXEC A1. Bytes in= 7600, bytes out= 0 ( 0%). Ready MAINT at AGC ; T=0.01/0.01 10:01:19 vmarc unpk QDSK VMARC A Unexpected error during output. RC=11. Ready MAINT at AGC (00011); T=0.01/0.01 10:01:25 If the 11 is an FSWRITE retruncode:
 11     FSCB is not marked with a record format of F nor of V

I didn't change the settings (that I just now detected), they still read:
fmode A1, refcm Variable, lrecl 65535, compression LZW; conversion <empty>

Can you send me the file?  That'd be a big help.

I don't know how difficult this would be: now when adding files to a VMARC, one would first need to update the settings (to set the characteristics of the files to be added). It would be much better if the File Open dialog could be changed to include these settings on the Open panel, otherwise chances are great one will forget to set the right things.

Yea, that is a pain isn't it. There's a couple of ways to go about addressing it.

I could use the unreleased version of wxWidgets which provides a means of adding controls directly to the Open File dialog. This would work for the Windows and Mac versions since I build they are prebuilt, but it wouldn't be quite so easy for Linux users since they have to build VMA themselves and distros aren't packaging that version of wxWidgets yet.

Another way would be to get the list of files via the standard Open Dialog and then pop up another dialog that would list the files selected. You could then change the properties for all files or for individual files. (This seems the most likely option.)

A third option is to display a properties dialog for each file prior to adding it. This is the easiest and quickest to do since the dialog is already present is and is already displayed if the input filenames aren't in 8.8.2 format.

Leland