From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Anthony Pignataro
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:31 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DB2 on VM question

Is there a way to make Unrestricted Access the norm for SELECT *
commands on DB2 running on VM? Right now one of our customers adds 'WITH
UR' to their SELECT queries because if they don't add 'WITH UR' the
database can lock out other users/applications. Every time new users
come on board they forget the 'WITH UR' and end up locking
people/applications etc. etc. So they want to avoid this. Any thoughts
or suggestions? Thanks!

Tony Pignataro

Information Technology Services America
DB2/VM DBA Support
Poughkeepsie, NY, (845) 433-7617

.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, notify
the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.