  From:       Ed Zell <ewz...@illinoismutual.com>

  To:         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

  Date:       03/18/2010 09:38 AM

  Subject:    Re: DB2 on VM question

  Sent by:    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Hi Tony,

  I think you are referring to the isolation level that the query runs
under.  I always thought  UR  meant
  Uncommitted Read  which give you the most concurrency, but means you may
get different results
  with the same SELECT within a logical unit of work.

  How are the SELECT commands being entered?  If it is with  ISQL  you
could set up a profile for the
  user so that when they sign in to ISQL, it runs a   SET ISOLATION UR
which would accomplish
  what you want.   If the SELECT’s are in a program, you will need to PREP
it with ISOL(UR).

  You are welcome to give me a call if you want to discuss this.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107