  From: Billy Bingham
  To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
  Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 12:17 PM
  Subject: Re: VM/ESA TCP/IP and VSWITCH

  Well I'm guessing it can't. I have the following in my TCPIP PROFILE:

        DEVICE  OSA1    LCS        600
        ;
        LINK    OSA1LNK ETHERNET 0 OSA1
        ;
        ARPAGE 5
        ;
        HOME
          10.1.1.93     OSA1LNK
        ;
        GATEWAY         10.1.1.1      =            OSA1LNK   1500        HOST
          DEFAULTNET    =            OSA1LNK   1500        0
        ;
        TRANSLATE
        ;
        START OSA1

  And I get the following in the TCPIP console log:

        DTCPRI385I  Device OSA1:
        DTCPRI386I     Type: LCS, Status: Not started
        DTCPRI387I     Envelope queue size: 0
        DTCPRI388I     Address: 0600

  I change it to this:

        DEVICE  OSA1    OSD        600
        ;
        LINK    OSA1LNK QDIOETHERNET 0 OSA1
        ;
        ARPAGE 5
        ;
        HOME
          10.1.1.93     OSA1LNK
        ;
        GATEWAY
          10.1.1.1      =            OSA1LNK   1500        HOST
          DEFAULTNET    =            OSA1LNK   1500        0
        ;
        TRANSLATE
        ;
        START OSA1

  And I get the following:

        DTCPRS007E Error encountered in reading PROFILE TCPIP  *:
        DTCPAR123I Line 237: Invalid type field
        DTCPAR123I Line 239: LINK statement: Invalid type field
        DTCPAR123I Line 244: Unknown link name in HOME cmd
        DTCPAR123I Line 247: Unknown link name in GATEWAY cmd
        DTCPAR123I Line 252: Device not found

  Line 237 corresponds to my DEVICE statement and line 239 is the LINK
statement. 600 - 602 is attached to my TCPIP on the VM/ESA 2.40 guest and I
have NICDEF and GRANT for the VMEASA240 guest in z/VM

  Unless anyone can point out something obivious I'm going to chalk this up to
experience.

  Thanks,

  Billy