Robert,

>  I’m getting the message “FCXPMN446E Incomplete monitor data: SAMPLE
CONFIG size too small” when perfsvm comes up.

I've seen this a number of times too.  We added a section 12.2.4 in the
new z/VM 6.1 /SLES 11 Virtualization Cookbook (top of the page
http://linuxvm.org/present/ )

It recommends deleting the existing MONDCSS saved segment and redefining a
new one with the commands
    ==> defseg mondcss 2200-4fff sc rstd
    ==> saveseg mondcss

Oops, in re-reading this section, I see we omitted words to the effect of
"Be sure there are no other DCSSs saved in the address range of
2200-4FFF".

I believe there is a similar section, but with more detail, in the VM
Basics Redbook.

Hope this helps.

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061