From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Magat, Martin
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:28 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] SLES9 zLinux on zVM

Hello

I am not sure if this is the right forum to send this question, but kindly
hoping someone has encountered the same error:

When we gave a (SUSE) SLES9 zLinux guest a 50G memory (user direct entry
modification), it failed to come up with the following messages:

---
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
VFS: Cannot open root device "dasdd1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
02: HCPGSP2629I The virtual machine is placed in CP mode due to a SIGP stop
from CPU 01.
---

But for a SLES10 to be given such a memory size, we have no problems.

May I know if there are such 'memory caps' on SLES9 on z/VM?

Many Thanks!

Best Regards,
Martin Magat