________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Eginhard Jaeger
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 2:55 AM

SAVEFD is not about speed of access to data on the CMS minidisk, it's
about saving real storage:
- without SAVEFD each user accessing a common minidisk has his own copy
  of the file directory
- with SAVEFD all users accessing that common minidisk share a common
copy.

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation