From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Karl Kingston
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:40 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Override file/modify command

I'm working on setting up my z/VM 5.4 system (currently running 5.3 in
production).

When it was set up, we set up a CLASS OVERRIDE file with the following lines:

SIGNAL       NEWCLASS=O      IBMCLASS=A
XAUTOLOG     NEWCLASS=O      IBMCLASS=A

On the z/VM 5.3 system, this works.    But when I read the docs, it says this
will take the commands away from class A users.  But yet, if I'm logged on as
MAINT (has class A) or OPERATOR, the commands work.   Am I misunderstanding
something here?

On my 5.4 system I want to use the Modify command.

My commands are:

MODIFY Cmd SIGNAL                           IBMclass A PRIVclass O
MODIFY Cmd XAUTOLOG                         IBMclass A PRIVclass O

if I want SIGNAL and XAUTOLOG to be run by class A users will they execute?
or do I need to change the commands to be:

MODIFY Cmd SIGNAL                           IBMclass A PRIVclass AO
MODIFY Cmd XAUTOLOG                         IBMclass A PRIVclass AO

???

Thanks

Karl Kingston
County of Onondaga

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, including any attachment to it, may contain
material that is confidential, proprietary, privileged and/or "Protected Health
Information," within the meaning of the regulations under the Health Insurance
Portability & Accountability Act as amended.  If it is not clear that you are
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this e-mail, including any attachment to it, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender
and delete it from your system. Thank you.