The XAUTOLOG is both Class A and Class B.  So, MAINT, which has Class
B, can still issue XAUTOLOG.  Enter Q COMMANDS XAUTOLOG and you will
see if you are allowed to issue that command and which privilege class
allows you to do it.

See http://www.vm.ibm.com/download/packages/descript.cgi?CMDTABLE for
an exec that will create a file of all commands and their classes.  A
lot of people just *add* new priv classes to commands, so your second
example is the way they do it.

--
Bruce Hayden
z/VM and Linux on System z ATS