Hi

I am working on migrating my z/VM 5.3 systems to z/VM 5.4. At the same
time we are preparing to upgrade to a z10.

To get a head start on the conversion to 5.4 and to the z10 I am
building the new 5.4 systems on the z10 we have connectivity to the
DS8100 where our z/VM z/Linux environment is. We did build on 5.4 system
on the z9.

The one thing we do not have connectivity to at this time is Tape
Drives. So we cannot use SPXTAPE to dump the z/VM 5.4 spool, we only
care about the NSS and other system stuff, to a tape.

To this end can you layout the steps I would take to copy the spool DASD
to DASD without the use of SPXTAPE. I am trying to get at least one tape
drive but if I can't I would like to try another way. If all else fails
I can do the SPXTAPE dump of a 5.4 spool on the z9 and on the day of the
migration to the z10 load then.

Thanks for the help!

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Citic

z/OS and z/VM Performance Tuning and Operating Systems Support

Office - 443 348-2102

Cell - 443 632-4191