Hi,

We do quite a lot of ATTACH and DETACH of tapedevices. The problem is
that with each ATTACH or DETACH, a msg is sent to the system-operator
machine (usually OPERATOR). They look like this:

  TAPE xxxx ATTACHED TO userid xxxx BY userid
  TAPE xxxx DETACHED userid xxxx BY userid, ...

These msgs can be useful for problemsolving when something went wrong,
but I have an exec where I would like the ATTACH and DETACH commands to
be executed WITHOUT these msgs being sent to sysoper. Is it possible to
suppress these msgs "on demand"?

Thanks,
Geert.
DISCLAIMER

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmas...@vanbreda.be
This footnote also confirms that this email has been checked
for the presence of viruses.

Informatica J.Van Breda & Co NV BTW BE 0427 908 174