There are a lot of messages that go to SYSOPER that are only needed in a problem solving situation. I use Programmable Operator or PROP to log all the messages, responding to what needs to be responded when no human operator needs to reply, and then displaying what is useful information on the Logical Operator screen. SYSOPER, running PROP, runs disconnected.
Jim