I found that we can in fact share a LUN across LPARs.  Had to use NPIV
-or- use different physical FCP adapters because multiple login from
the same FCP WWPN may be impossible or at least impractical.  So with
NPIV, the same physical FCP adapter will have a different WWPN for
each LPAR, even for the same subchannel.

Our storage guys had to zone and mask the LUN(s) to multiple "hosts".
(Same CEC but different virtual WWPNs ala NPIV.)  Works fine.  Make
them EDEV and you can share minidisks ... with caution.  (EDEV does
not do reserve release.)  (IBM should fix that!)

IMPORTANT TERMINOLOGY NOTE:  Once upon a time, IBM sold "FBA" devices
which were channel attached.  This is in contrast to CKD or ECKD, but
still "disk".  (This was in the days before FCP existed.)  See device
types 9336, 3370, and friends.  There are still some storage vendors
(I know of >one<) which can present FBA on an IBM channel.

You meant "FCP" and we all understood.  And it is "FBA".  But there is
other FBA, FYI.