We have installed an IBM SVC and are now trying to configure it to work with
z/VM 5.4.0.  I've zoned the SVC and the FICON adapters together and created
a host on the SVC.  Both sides seem to see each other and communicate.
(I have all the latest service on z/VM.)

So, I created three vdisks on the SVC and mapped them to the VM host.  On the
z/VM side, I created the first EDEV with no problem.  I'm able to create the
second and third EDEVs also.  However, when either of them is varied online,
I get the following error:

HCPSZP8701I Path FCP_DEV 1111 WWPN 5005076801405094 LUN 0000000000000002 was
    deleted from EDEV FE11 because it conflicts with online EDEV FE10

The LUN addresses are definitely unique, so this ought to work.  It works
for the DS8300 I also use for SAN space.

Any ideas for those of you who also have an SVC?  I'm using the SCSI ID
for the vdisks as the LUN address.  Is this the correct thing?

Martha