VARY OFF SUBCHANNEL 5AB0-5ABF

Larry Davis

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Frank M. Ramaekers
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 2:09 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Dynamic I/O question

Okay, the person that put together our IOCP made an error in the following:

  CHPID PATH=(11),PCHID=113,TYPE=OSE,SHARED
         CNTLUNIT CUNUMBR=0111,PATH=(11),UNIT=OSA
         IODEVICE ADDRESS=(5AB0,012),CUNUMBR=(0111),UNIT=OSA,UNITADD=00
         IODEVICE ADDRESS=5ABF,CUNUMBR=(0111),UNIT=OSAD,UNITADD=FE

The PCHID should be 111 instead of 111.  Therefore there are no devices defined
on this CHPID:

HCPQDV1003E 5AB0-5ABF was not found.

The CHIPID is there but offline:

q chpid 11
No devices on path 11

I tried deleting the CHPID, but I get:

cp delete chpid 11
HCPCCO6806E Dynamic I/O change request for channel path failed with return code
010B
Ready(06806); T=0.01/0.01 13:06:33

Okay, this states "You tried to delete a channel path, but this channel path
still has one or more control units defined for it.".   So, I tried deleting
the CU:

cp delete cu 0111
HCPCCO6806E Dynamic I/O change request for control unit failed with return code
010B
Ready(06806); T=0.01/0.01 13:08:19

What am I missing?

 Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Systems Programmer

MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE

American Income Life Insurance Co.

Phone: (254)761-6649

1200 Wooded Acres Dr.

Fax: (254)741-5777

Waco, Texas  76701

information which is privileged and confidential and is solely for the use of
the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that
any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please
destroy it immediately and notify us at privacy...@ailife.com.